Monday, January 6, 2014

Winter Adventure

As the temperatures continue to drop, I've been trying to focus more on outerwear and how to have some fun with it.  When it comes to coats and jackets, there are a ton of different styles to choose from.  I got this parka 2 years ago, and finally took it out for a little winter adventure :)










Jacket: H&M (also love) / Pants: HUE (here) c/o 
Booties: Sam & Libby (here at Target) / Hat: H&M (similar)
Bag: GALiAN (here) / Scarf: N/A


First of all, how amazing is this place?!  I've shot here a couple of times in the past but when it was warm out.  This was my first time seeing it during the winter and I fell in love.  Behind the bridge there is a walkway, but I have no idea where it leads to.  It instantly made me think of going on an adventure.

Since it was freezing out, I knew that I would have to focus more on my bottom half and jacket.  These mustard pants were perfect since they're so vibrant.  It was a great color to brighten up that gloomy winter day.  I got these leopard booties at Target and they're my first pair.   I've really come to love leopard print because they truly do act as a neutral.  I thought that they made a really good combo with the mustard pants and I just love how the bottom half of this outfit really pops.  I'm wearing a black sweater underneath with a scarf and left part of the jacket unzipped so it would show through a little.   To top it all off, I added my favorite hat (a must have winter accessory).

Shooting outside during the winter can definitely be a challenge, but I've been doing what I can to make it work.  I seriously give major props to my mom for braving the cold weather and snow with me.   She's such a trooper!

Have a happy Monday :)
XO



No comments:

Post a Comment