Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Pop Of Red

This is the 5th and last piece that I styled as part of my collaboration with Mandee for their Spring LookBook.  I know that some of you don't have a Mandee store near you, but here in the NJ/NY area, they're super popular.  It's a great feeling being able to work with a store that I have shopped at for many years!










Dress: C/O Mandee/ Shoes: Steve Madden (also love)/ Bag: Aldo/ Necklace: Forever21 
Bracelet: C/O TheWayWeAreLipstick: MAC Ruby Woo 


There's a few different ways to style the black & white trend.  You've seen me stick just to those two colors before, but you could also add in a pop too.  Since black and white are neutrals, you could pretty much mix it with any color you like.  I love doing pops of red because it's so bold.  If I had gone with black shoes and a nude lip, it would give this look a whole other feel. 
This color block peplum dress is really cute, classy, and great for many occasions: going out with friends, a date, a party, etc.  It's only $19.99!  And yes, peplum is still here to stay.  I know some might be tired of seeing it every where, but I still have a soft spot for all things peplum.  The finishing touches were my accessories of course, one of my favorite statement necklaces and a few other pieces of jewelry. 

 Dresses are the easiest thing to style that's why it's fun to get creative by throwing in other colors and adding in some fab accessories. Since there's so many different ways to work a black and white dress, I wanted to show you another fun option by incorporating a few pops of neon.  


You could also keep everything black and just go with a colored bag only or if you're a little more daring you could add in 2 other pops of color instead of one.  It's all about your style and what works best for you, just experiment and have fun with it :) 


<3 




No comments:

Post a Comment