Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Girl In The White Suit

I wanted to create the illusion of a white "suit" because it's super chic and trendy for this season.  You probably saw lots of all white looks and suits walking down the runways during Fashion Week for spring. I wanted to put my own little twist on this trend and make it a little more wearable for the "every day girl."







Blazer: Forever21 (shop similar)/ Peplum Top: C/O Mandee/ Pants: Love Culture/ Shoes: Chinese Laundry C/O Bakers
Bag: Urban Expressions (shop here)/ Sunnies & Necklace: H&M 

I'll never be the girl who can wear all white without spilling something on it, but that still doesn't stop me from wearing it!  I know you have to be a little daring to do it, but isn't that what fashion is all about anyway... taking risks?!  White on white is such a clean look (before the spilling occurs of course lol) But in all seriousness, I really love it.  I wanted to make this look fun for spring by adding in the pops of color and print.  This peplum top from Mandee  (another piece from the spring lookbook) was the perfect addition.  As you can see it has a whole different look without the blazer. I love it both ways, but of course the blazer puts the cherry on top. 






 I added this necklace and my mirrored sunnies to continue with the fun vibe I was going for.  I was hesitant about the bag at first because I didn't want to overdo it with the turquoise, but I actually like it.  I completely forgot I had this bag.  It's perfect for this season. These shoes are from last year, but I love the print and the way they added some dimension to this look.  The last step was my hair.  In all honesty I was having a really bad hair day, so I pinned it into a low side bun.  I had girls on instagram asking me to do a tutorial on it and I am not even sure how I did it!  But I will do my best to make a video and see how it comes out.


**I just want to end this post by saying that my heart go out to Boston.  If any of my readers are from Boston, I hope that you and your families are safe.  What happened yesterday was truly heartbreaking and my prayers are with you all.**


<3 <3 <3 





No comments:

Post a Comment